National P.E. Standards | HFCS P.E. | 4-8 P.E. Activities & Skills
National Standards & Grade-Level Outcomes for K-12 Physical Education
The goal of physical education is to develop physically literate individuals who have the knowledge, skills and confidence to enjoy a lifetime of healthful physical activity. To pursue a lifetime of healthful physical activity, a physically literate individual:
- Has learned the skills necessary to participate in a variety of physical activities.
- Knows the implications of and the benefits from involvement in various types of physical activities.
- Participates regularly in physical activity.
- Is physically fit.
- Values physical activity and its contributions to a healthful lifestyle.
Standard 1: The physically literate individual demonstrates competency in a variety of motor skills and movement patterns.
Standard 2: The physically literate individual applies knowledge of concepts, principles, strategies and tactics related to movement and performance.
Standard 3: The physically literate individual demonstrates the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical activity and fitness.
Standard 4: The physically literate individual exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others.
Standard 5: The physically literate individual recognizes the value of physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and/or social interaction.
Top of Page
Holy Family Catholic School 4-8 P.E. Promotes:
- personal safety for self and others
- proper equipment safety use and handling
- promote active participation in lifelong activities
- promote muscular strength, endurance, agility, flexibility and cardiovascular activities
- promote balance of nutritionial and health-related fitness
- use of different objects in personal and general space
- develop/master skills to strike, throw, field, toss, catch, roll, dribble, kick and creative handling
- explore floor skills promoting muscular strength, endurance and balance
- explore mat stunts promoting flexibility, agility and balance
- develop movement patterns with and without music
Cooperative/Trust/Iniative Games & Activities
- develop social interaction, problem-solving skills and demonstrate positive attitude
- promote activities with no winners or losers developing fair play and cooperation
- promote student-centered team building developing verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- promote opportunities for team/group activities
- promote opportunities for partner activities
- promote opportunities for individual activities
Top of Page
4-8 P.E. Activities and Skills
|Team or Group Activities, Skills & Knowledge
||Partner or Individual Activities, Skills & Knowledge
Cooperative, Ininative, Team Games & Activities
Quad Roller Skating
Track & Field
Activities and skills include the above, but are not limited to them. Curriculum is covered throughout the 4-8 P.E. career and not on a yearly grade level basis. Anticipated activities, skills and knowledge are subject to change without notice.
4-8 P.E. Units 2018-2019
Unit 1: Soccer
Unit 2: Flag Football
Top of Page