Holy Family Catholic School offers a variety of extra-curricular activities for our students. There are activities for Kindergarten through 8th Grade. Most groups meet before or after school. Some groups require a sign up and commitment, while others welcome drop-ins.
Due to the pandemic, this year our Student Life activities have been limited. They will return as soon as permitted.
Altar Servers is for students in 4th grade through high school.
- Students who are interested in serving God and His people by helping the priest and community to worship God at Mass can train to serve as altar servers.
- Members of this ministry will also be called upon to serve from time to time at weddings and funerals.
- Information is provided to students at the beginning of the school year.
Band is for students 4th thru 8th grade
- No experience is necessary as the entire band learns how to read music and the specific techniques to play their instruments.
- The band meets two times per week: Once after school and during the last period of the school day.
- Instruments can be rented or you may provide your own.
- Students gain confidence, learn group cooperation, and learn how to express themselves through music.
- Any questions, please do not hesitate to call Mr. Nelson anytime at (815)979-3087 or email at email@example.com. Also, visit the web page at Music Education Services.
Book Club is for 4th, and 5th grade students.
- Meetings are once a month except Jan.
- Books are chosen with student interest in mind.
- Students supply their own books which are available in paperback and as ebooks.
- Students are to read the book prior to the meeting and be ready to participate in discussion and related activities.
- Meetings consist of discussion, activity, and a treat.
Student Choir is for students of 3rd through 8th graders who love to sing the praises of God!
- The choir’s schedule is most in sync with the school schedule, but all children, including homeschool children of the parish, are welcome.
- There are three levels, based on age.
- The choir has the opportunity to sing at weekend Masses and school Masses.
- Please contact Jessica Koenig, the school music teacher, for more information.
Community Art is for students 3rd through 8th Grade.
- The Goal of the Community Art Club is to share our love of God through the joy of making art for our school and our community.
- We recognize the good in others and spreading joy and thanks with fun and delightful artwork, some of which include cards, door decorations, table decorations, and more.
Drama Club is for 5th-8th grade students who want to learn about acting, play production, and stage work.
- Throughout the year we work on various parts of the Drama World, some of which include: acting, scenery, stage work, dramatic readings, and more.
- We perform two shows per year, one in the winter and one in the spring.
- Students will be given the opportunity to join this club at the beginning of each semester.
Lego Club is for students in Kindergarten through 5th Grade. Students have the opportunity to use their creativity and imagination and apply physics and design concepts to their projects.
- The club provides social opportunities for our children.
- Students learn different ways to explore math and building concepts.
- Students learn to work with a team to accomplish goals.
- Junior High students can volunteer to assist with Lego Club to earn Christian Ministry hours.
Scholastic Bowl is for students in 6th, 7th, and 8th grades.
- They practice as a team throughout the year.
- Students represent Holy Family School in various live and online competitions.
- This is a great activity for students to use “quick” recall skills.
- Questions include a variety of academic and nonacademic topics.
- A final activity for the year is a student vs. staff match.
Cub Pack 139 and Boy Scout Troop 139 are chartered through the Parish. Visit cubpack139.org for more information.
Student Council is for students 4th through 8th grades.
- Students learn leadership skills and organizational structure.
- Student Council organizes school and community service activities like:
- Thanksgiving Food Drive
- Easter activity for grades K-3
- Talent Show
- Bake sales
- Jr. High Rec. Nights
- Students also represent Holy Family School at community events, such as the annual Red Ribbon Fair.
Wacky Science is for students in 4th and 5th grades.
- Students explore the world of science through hands-on activities.
- Students learn how to apply the scientific method to investigate areas such as chemistry, physics and engineering.
- STEM concepts are explored.